Analytics & Analysis
What is a Keyword Analysis?
It is the process of selecting the key phrases which will help visitors find your site. Even if you are already achieving high ranking within the major search engines, you may not be getting the relevant traffic if you have selected the wrong keywords
Therefore, the principal step in any SEO campaign is to identify your target audience and research which keyword phrases they might be searching in order to find a site like yours.
However, overdoing keywords on a website is against the rule of organic optimisation. It will trigger red flags from the search engines. This is what referred to as Keyword Stuffing, it is therefore vitally important you strike the right balance by optimizing and targeting keywords.
Why is Keyword Analysis Important?
Keyword Analysis is the foundation of search marketing campaigns, and since keywords dictate your entire search campaign, keyword analysis should be your primary focus. Effectively analysing keywords, allows you to;
- Increase Probability of your site been found.
- Improve Search Engine Rankings.
- Increase Conversion.
- Optimise Time.
- Generate more relevant keywords.
- Analyse where your competitors traffic is coming from.
- Identify gaps in the Marketplace.
Keyword Research Process
- Discovering Keywords - The identification of as many keywords as possible which are related to your website and target audience.
- Analysing Keywords - Finding keywords which are high in search volume and low in competition.
- Selecting Keywords - The short listing of keywords keeping the site focus and target audience within the limitations analysed.
- Installing Keywords - Optimum use of your selected keywords within your website, HTML codes and tags.
At Business Search Local we tailor solutions to meet individual client needs. We eliminate any time or cost wastage through our results orientated approach, ensuring, irrespective of the size or type of business, we deploy keywords which convert.
Understanding your competitors, in particular, their strategy, tactics and level of success is vital in order for your SEO initiatives to succeed. Within the SEO landscape, competitors extend beyond a business's traditional competition and now also include 'keyword competitors', those other sites occupying places within the search engine result pages for keywords you are targeting.
You should undertake a serious competitor analysis at the beginning of your SEO development and in order to ensure on-going success you will need to ensure you track your competitor sites frequently to keep abreast of any changes they are making and to identify any newcomers.
Step 1 - Locate the Ideal Sites to Compare.
Type the principal keywords you want to rank for into Google. Identify the number of competitors you wish to monitor, this should be a mix of traditional and online competition. We recommend you keep the number of competitors you monitor manageable to ensure costs of analysis don't outweigh return, anything between 3-5 will benefit.
Step 2 - Competitor Site Evaluation.
Create a matrix listing different aspects of your competitors website you will to evaluate against your own, this should include design, ease-of use and visitor engagement.
Review pages that are ranked from each site and compare the results to determine any patterns of keywords use across all competitor sites. Pay close attention to the following areas;
- Text Links - How many times is the keywords found in text link within the page.
- Heading Tags - Successful sites frequently utilise heading tags to emphasise keywords.
- Description and Title Tags - View source code to determine the structure of these tags and how keywords is used.
- Navigation - You can often increase the page relevance of your site by adding the keywords within the wording of your links.
Secondly create a matrix to evaluate products and services offered by your competitors. Monitor differences in products and services, price comparison, target audience variants and quality. Have you identified any gaps in the marketplace?
Step 3 - Monitor Competitor Statistics.
Keep abreast of your competitions website traffic, demographics and visitor behaviours. There are many useful sites out there whom provide invaluable statistics, including; Alexa, Keyword Ranking Tool, and QuantCast.
Step 4 - Apply the Successful Strategies to Your Website.
The benefits of competitor analysis are endless and necessary if you want to ensure you beat the competition on a consistent basis. It provides guidance and tactics for on-going improvement to your website and business model and allows you to spot and seize on opportunities your competition has not yet spotted.
Why People Us
- We are extremely pleased that we chose Business Search Local.
- Stevenage Chiropractic Clinic
With a team of highly talented individuals from all walks of life, we can offer a solution to the most perplexing problems with design, flair and innovation.
Here at Business Search Local we're always developing new ideas and innovations for our existing client base, for our latest projects please visit our currently developing page.
Follow Us On Twitter
Keep up to date with Business Search Local through our currently developing.